Tournament Rules:Normal high school rules apply except where rules below differ.
PLAYERS CANNOT PLAY FOR MULTIPLE TEAMS IN THE SAME TOURNAMENT REGARDLESS OF AGE UNLESS APPROVED BY TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR. FOR EXAMPLE, A PLAYER CANNOT PLAY ON A 5TH GRADE BOYS TEAM AND A 6TH GRADE BOYS TEAM AT THE SAME TOURNAMENT.
Basic Game Rules:
• 18 minute halves
o Clock stops last 2:00 of the game only
• Timeouts: 3 per game
o 1st OT 1:30 (stop clock). 1 timeout.
o 2nd OT sudden death (no timeout in sudden death). Limited to 3 minute running clock.
o 7 fouls = 1 and 1; 10 fouls = 2 shots
o Player is disqualified after 6 personal fouls
• 1 Coach may stand while coaching
• Technical fouls count as personal fouls
o Player or coach is disqualified after 2nd technical foul
o Technical fouls result in (2) shots and the ball
.• Free throws
o Players cannot enter lane until the shooter releases the ball.
o Player shooting and players beyond the 3 pt line cannot leave until ball hits rim.
• Players may not wear jewelry, bracelets, earrings, watches or similar items.
• Must have a minimum of 4 players to start game.
• Ball size.
o Girls - 28.5
o Boys 3rd – 6th - 28.5
o Boys 7th – 12th - 29.5
• No shot clock but 10 second back court violation.
• Press Rule
o Teams ahead by 30 points or more at any point in the game must not press (grades
2nd-4th 20 points or more at any point in the game must not press).
o First offense: Warning
o Second and all additional offenses: 2 shot technical.
• Game clock will continue to run in the last 2 minutes of the game if one team has a 15-
point or greater lead.
o All teams need to check-In 30-Minutes before their first game.
o Team will forfeit game if they are10 minutes or more late
o If team is under 10 minutes late, teams will still play but with an adjustment to the clock.
o If a team is more than 10 minutes late, the game is a forfeit. If teams agree they can
still play the remaining time left as scrimmage.
o Game may start earlier than scheduled time, if both coaches agree.
· Awards will be given for 1st place in each division for teams that play 3 games.
o Tie Breakers:
1. Head to Head
2. Margin of Victory (15 points max per game)
3. Points allowed.
4. Total points
ALL OTHER AAU RULES APPLY
· WCBBA cannot guarantee that there will be all levels of play at every tournament. We tryour best to produce competitive games but cannot control which teams will register for
any particular tournament. We also cannot guarantee if a team shows up for our tournament, in
the event of a forfeit there will be no refunds or credits.
o Game play formats include round robin, pool play, bracketed play, or "Best record".
· Tournament Schedule
o Preliminary Schedules are posted to our website the Thursday at 5:00pm before
each tournament. Final schedule changes are posted on the Friday before the
o It is each teams responsibility to verify the schedule and note any changes. No
compensation or makeup games will be offered to teams that miss a scheduled
game for any reason.
· Players & coaches must have current & valid AAU cards on hand at all times (as well as
player birth certificates).
· Complaints must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Director by the end of each
o Protest will require $100.00 cash at the time of the protest.
Protests are done after game is over.
Team protesting must show birth certificates and AAU card first then the team that has been protested must present their birth certificates and AAU cards to tournament director only.
• Any team that does not show up for any scheduled game will be financially responsible
for each game missed. ($100.00)
• There will be no refunds, transfers or credits of Tournament Fees or ANY Other Fees
under any circumstances.
Disorderly or Hostile Behavior· Any abuse of officials is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
· Any player, spectator, or coach involved in fighting, threatening or hostile behavior
towards any person, on or off the court, shall be suspended for all remaining games and
shall not be allowed to participate in all future tournaments.
· Any onlooker involved in fighting, threatening or hostile behavior towards another person
shall not be allowed in or around any gym or future tournaments.
· No profanity will be allowed from spectators, players or coaches.
· Any spectator causing a problem will be asked to leave the gym, by lead official or
· If that person does not leave immediately, police will be called.
Tournament Director has the right to modify tournament rules and regulations to best meet the needs of ALL TEAMS participating in our tournaments.